List of Required Documentation
If you will be uploading your documents with this application, please make sure you have the following scanned in PDF or JPG format before you begin:
Alternatively, you can send your documents by regular mail but this will considerably lengthen the time for processing.
Copies of these documents are required in order to complete the application. Please make sure they are complete and scanned so they can be attached to this application below.
- A copy of a diploma in massage therapy from an institution whose accreditation is acceptable to the CMTNB or evidence of equivalent experience as defined in the by-laws.
- Canadian government-issued photo identification (i.e. driver's license, Canadian passport, or permanent resident card) OR documentation supporting your lawful eligibility to work in Canada.
- A second piece of government-issued identification (not required to be photo identification)
- Evidence satisfactory to the CMTNB of having professional liability insurance written on an occurrence form with at least two million dollars in coverage annually. A copy of the certificate is acceptable.
- Certificate of valid Workplace Standard First Aid CPR Level "C" & AED or proof that you are registered for the course and will renew within three months.
- Satisfactory evidence to the CMTNB of professional reputation and practice. Two (2) letters of reference from individuals who can attest to your good character, as well as how it relates to your professional reputation and practice. Letters of reference may include past and present employers or colleagues. The letters must be dated within the last two (2) years, and signed by the author of the letter.
- Reasonable fluency in the English or French language. A brief mention of this in one of your reference letters is sufficient
These documents must be sent directly to the College by mail.
- Certificate of conduct from the RCMP or local police. The CMTNB requires a Criminal Record Check. The seal of the police detachment must be affixed to the document. Please mail the original document to the CMTNB. A scanned document will not be acceptable to the CMTNB and will be returned to the member.